Sylvain Guintoli rode his Worx Crescent Suzuki to two strong top-10 results today at the ninth round of the British Superbikes Championship at Cadwell Park.
In difficult circumstances his first ride back from injury on a tight and technical track he'd not raced before Guintoli again impressed the Worx Crescent Suzuki team, as well as the fans, as he fought hard to finish 8th place in the first race and 7th in the second.
Sylvain Guintoli: "I could feel I was race rusty in that first race, three times I was on the grass when trying to make passes early in the race. I had to ease off and that actually helped I got faster. At the end I was catching Karl Muggeridge very quickly, but it was right at the end and I ran out of laps and corners to make the pass.
"With less mistakes in that second race I was a lot closer on time to the leaders but I had to be careful how hard I could ride as for sure this is not a good time to fall again on my leg. As it is, I can really feel it now and I'm glad I get two more weeks to rest my leg before the next round at Croft.
"For me it was still a good weekend and I'm really excited to be back. I've got back into the racing and I'm looking forward to being more competitive still when I get to Croft."
Jack Valentine, team manager: "It would be easy to get carried away as to what was possible this weekend. As it was Sylvain gave a very strong account of himself, and we feel very happy as a team and very positive about what's yet to come.
"I think it's typical of Sylvain that he rode so hard today. He can't yet be 100% bike fit and there's no question he's riding in pain with his leg but there he was on this tough tricky track, pushing on, trying to make passing places where they don't exist it's no surprise he went grass tracking!
"All the same, we're delighted that Sylvain could ride so well so soon and he's clearly very happy with the bike. We've two solid results under our belt and now Croft to look forward to a track that should very much suit Sylvain."
MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship in association with Pirelli
Round Nine, Cadwell Park
Race one result:
1. Leon Camier (Airwaves Yamaha)
2. Stuart Easton (Hydrex Honda) +7.384s
3. James Ellison (Airwaves Yamaha) +7.651s
4. Ian Lowry (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +8.133s
5. Simon Andrews (Confused.com Kawasaki) +17.793s
6. Julien Da Costa (Confused.com Kawasaki) +18.126s
7. Karl Muggeridge (HM Plant Honda) +25.398s
8. Sylvain Guintoli (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +25.522s
9. John Laverty (Buildbase Kawasaki) +25.979s
10. Gary Mason (Quay Garage Honda) +28.760s
Race two result:
1. James Ellison (Airwaves Yamaha)
2. Stuart Easton (Hydrex Honda) +4.099s
3. Simon Andrews (Confused.com Kawasaki) +4.584s
4. Julien Da Costa (Confused.com Kawasaki) +5.435s
5. John Laverty (Buildbase Kawasaki) +6.843s
6. Chris Walker (Motorpoint/Henderson Yamaha) +12.836s
7. Sylvain Guintoli (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +13.239s
8. Karl Harris (Hydrex Honda) +14.833s
9. Gary Mason (Quay Garage Honda) +15.100s
10. Tommy Bridewell (Team NB Honda) +16.684s
Championship standings after Cadwell Park:
1. Leon Camier (Airwaves Yamaha) 399.5
2. James Ellison (Airwaves Yamaha) 302
3. Stuart Easton (Hydrex Honda) 258
4. Karl Harris (Hydrex Honda) 120.5
5. Simon Andrews (Confused.com Kawasaki) 119.5
=12. Sylvain Guintoli (Worx Crescent Suzuki) 94