Tommy Hill has made a fantastic debut with the Worx Crescent Suzuki team, today at Mallory Park, round seven of the British Superbike Championship. After dominating practise Hill was only narrowly piped for pole position for tomorrows two BSB races.
Tommy Hill: This is fantastic, im over the moon. We started in P1 in the first practice and stayed there. It would have been nice to have started on pole but front row is fine and I feel comfortable with my race setup this weekend. Ive relly jelled with the Worx Crescent Suzuki team, its all working very well, and im really impressed with the way they pushed to improve even where we are already ahead. This is a circuit where anything can happen so im looking for a good start then get into a rhythm and see what comes.
Jack Valentine, team manager: Tommy's been doing a great job, he's working really well with the team and being incredibly professional in all ways. He has put together an excellent performance and we couldnt ask for much more. His practise starts have been good and our race simulations are also looking very good. The GSX-R1000 is working well so we are very optimistic for a very good outcome for tomorrow.
ViSK British Superbike Championship 2009
Round Seven: Mallory Park
Swan Combi 50 - Roll for Pole:
1. Leon Camier (Airwaves Yamaha) 56.106s
2. Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +0.179s
3. Chris Walker (Motorpoint/Henderson Yamaha) +0.205s
4. Richard Cooper (Co-Ordit Yamaha) +0.329s
5. John Laverty (Buildbase Kawasaki) +0.363s
6. Simon Andrews (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +0.473s
7. James Ellison (Airwaves Yamaha) +0.531s
8. Karl Harris (Hydrex Honda) +0.589s
9. Graeme Gowland (Motorpoint/Henderson Yamaha) +0.626s
10. Stuart Easton (Hydrex Honda) +0.626s